This gold plated beauty has similar features as the OB-500 without the metal engraving. The Gold Tone OB-300 features a curly maple neck and matching curly maple/abalone binding which combine for a most decorative 5 string. A sand cast bronze tone ring is used on the OB-300 and in only the best of banjos providing a loud penetrating tone. A unique abalone/pearl truss rod cover matches the exquisite inlay throughout the banjo. The OB-300 is a real treat to behold with its amazing inlay on the headstock, fretboard and resonator but this little beauty is not simply a wallflower! Rest assured, the Gold Tone OB-300 will sound as good or better than any banjo costing two times as much!
Gold Tone OB-300 Prestige Series Banjo Features:
- Stained brown sunburst finish
- Tone Ring: Sand cast bronze flat top
- Flange:One piece pot metal
- Resonator:Highly flamed maple with elaborate inlay
- Head:Remo Coated 11" HC
- Tuners:GT Master Planetary; geared 5th string
- Tailpiece:Modified Kirshner
- Hardware:Gold plated
- Inlay:Modified tree of life.. Design is modified so the position markers are easier to identify Dimensions
- Frets:22 medium, radiused fingerboard
- Neck Width Under Nut 1-3/16"
- Total Length 38"
Gold Tone banjos and Banjitars, and all of their other instruments, are hand-crafted with carefully selected woods, excellent finishes, quality hardware, and "tight" fitting parts. For the "World's Best Value" in a quality banjo (sound and playability), Gold Tone now has over 70 different models which includes other types of instruments for bluegrass, travelers, open-backs, long necks, tenors, plectrums, Banjitars (6 strings for guitarists), Banjo bass, and the Mando banjo. All Gold Tone instruments are set up in the United States ensuring accuracy of tone and playability.