Orange Blossom OB-250AT model includes a forty-hole sand cast bell
brass arch top tone ring fitted to a 3-ply Canadian maple rim. This
well-equipped configuration produces more penetrating highs and volume
compared to those achieved with a conventional flat top tone ring. For
banjoists who are familiar with the flat top sound and are looking for a
brighter sound that will "cut through" in bluegrass jams, this model is
Gold Tone OB-250AT Arch Top Banjo Features:
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Finish: Stained brown sunburst
- Inlay: M.O.P. Headstock, hearts & flower fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Nut: Bone
- Resonator: Highly flamed maple
- Full Maple Binding
- Rim: 3 ply Canadian Maple
- Hardware: Nickel-Plated
- Engraved Hand Rest
- Head Size & Type: Remo Coated 11" HC
- Strings: Gold Tone Light gauge w/silver wound 4th
- Tailpiece: Straight Line Tailpiece
- Tone Ring : 40-hole sand cast, bell prass brass archtop
- Flange: One-piece die-cast zinc
- Tuning Machines: Banjo planetary; geared 5th string
- Frets: 22 medium
- Length: 38"
- Neck Width (under nut) 1-3/16"
- Weight 14 lbs.
Gold Tone banjos and Banjitars, and all of their other instruments, are hand-crafted with carefully selected woods, excellent finishes, quality hardware, and "tight" fitting parts. For the "World's Best Value" in a quality banjo (sound and playability), Gold Tone now has over 70 different models which includes other types of instruments for bluegrass, travelers, open-backs, long necks, tenors, plectrums, Banjitars (6 strings for guitarists), Banjo bass, and the Mando banjo. All Gold Tone instruments are set up in the United States ensuring accuracy of tone and playability.