The OB-250 has been redesigned! A classic reproduction of the most famous flathead bluegrass banjo with astonishing tone and playability. Gold Tone has even added extra features such as an ebony fingerboard, maple neck (instead of softer mahogany), and a flamed maple resonator. The pot construction uses a sand cast brass tone ring fitted properly to a 3 ply Canadian hard rock maple rim with a one piece pot metal flange. The OB has been the Gold Tone flagship banjo for 10 years and is played world wide by many pros (E.P. Bill Keith, Frank Wakefeild) and many recording artists. The neck of the OB-250 is of slim line design for fast playing and low string action. The unique Gold Tone straight line tailpieces allow for more downward pressure on the head for the best vibration transmission. The OB is meticulously set up by banjo luthiers in the Gold tone Florida banjo shop. The OB-250 is fully bound in beautifully flamed maple including the body and finger board. Check features and prices of any competitive banjo and you'll find the Orange Blossom is undoubtly the finest banjo in this price range.
Gold Tone OB-250 Banjo Features:
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Finish: Stained brown sunburst
- Inlay: M.O.P. Headstock, hearts & flower fingerboard + first fret inlay
- Neck: Maple
- Nut: Bone
- Resonator: One piece curly maple
- Full Maple Binding on fretboard and resonator
- Rim: 3 ply Canadian Maple
- Hardware: Nickel-Plated
- Engraved Hand Rest
- Head Size & Type: Remo Coated 11" HC
- Strings: Gold Tone Light gauge w/silver wound 4th
- Tailpiece: Straight Line Tailpiece
- Tone Ring : Brass flat top, one piece zinc alloy flange
- Tuning Machines: GT master planets; geared 5th string
- Frets: 22 medium
- Length: 38"
- Neck Width (under nut) 1-3/16"
- Weight 14 lbs.
OB-250 Banjo Package Includes:
- OB-250 Banjo
- Deluxe TKL Hard Case
- Deluxe Gold Banjo Strap (Choose Brown or Black)
- Gold Tone Ultimate Banjo Mute
- True Tune Clip-on Chromatic Tuner
- Martin Medium MV730 Banjo String Set
- Two Nickel Finger Picks and 1 Thumb Pick
- Kyser Banjo Capo
- Dunlop Polish Kit with Cloth
Gold Tone banjos and Banjitars, and all of their other instruments, are hand-crafted with carefully selected woods, excellent finishes, quality hardware, and "tight" fitting parts. For the "World's Best Value" in a quality banjo (sound and playability), Gold Tone now has over 70 different models which includes other types of instruments for bluegrass, travelers, open-backs, long necks, tenors, plectrums, Banjitars (6 strings for guitarists), Banjo bass, and the Mando banjo. All Gold Tone instruments are set up in the United States ensuring accuracy of tone and playability. The Gold Tone OB-250 is one of the finest banjos you will find on the market!